Sunday 7 August 2011

Be Prepared!!!!!!!

I have aquired most of the things on the "need to have for first year" list posted on the OVC librry, most of which I got through the veterinary supply company through work. Much cheaper then buy it from the university bookstore. So thermometer = check, pen light = check, medium latex gloves = check... I also picked out my lab coat size (M) and stethascope colour (Green) that are donated to the class from the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA), the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA), the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) and the OVC Alumni Association. They get our names and class year engraved/embroidered on them which is very cool! Thank you! I am also starting to organize books and supplies, trying to be prepared for the up coming year.

All this organizing of school supplies is getting me so riled up! I am chomping at the bit to get started and be on my way to becoming a licensed DVM. I realize that the workload is ginormous and that my horrible procrastination will need to be dealt with however I would much rather struggle with vet medicine then another year of undergrad ANY DAY. Some of my friends in upper years are telling me to relax and enjoy what little summer I have left, but I am not happy at my job and I am living back at home for the summer so I am getting very tired of summer. Can't we just skip the rest of August?

No comments:

Post a Comment