Sunday 4 September 2011

Day Before The Big Day

I start vet school TOMORROW!!!
And of course, inspite of my best efforts, nothing is organized. I moved back to Guelph last night, and of course, forgot stuff at home... Now my parents have to figure out when to bring it all to me because I do not have a car here... I have one day to get it all together.

I found out I am in Group 6 (Section B) which means I have 8 new best friends! Haha our group just gets to share lab specimens and for group projects, we all have to work together. Its just a way to organize us because not every person can have a calf, horse head, dog, cat, and sheeep to disect to themselves. Also there is only so much space in the histology lab room. Even so, what I have heard from upper years is that there is a sense of commradery between the groups, you end up becoming good friends which is great when you have 113 new class mates to meet. I am meeting them tonight at a pub, all of which was organized by our phase 2 mentors. These mentors will be helping us through the first week of school, and what is cool is I know them. I have a feeling we are going to have a great frosh week!!!

Classes don't start until Thursday, but they have jam packed our first three days with talks and fun activities. I will fill you all in later about the details. There is a OTS BBQ and party this week!! Frat parties always rule! Our first time on the ice for hockey is also on Thursday. I have all of my equipment and practiced at the free skate this weekend so I can't wait to start playing hockey. The season doesn't start yet, but we have organized some shinny to practice getting the team sorted out and positions organized. I want to play left wing because it is a position where you have low responsibility but if you are in the right place during a play, you can be very useful.

I hope to get some pictures up of our orientation so please stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment