Monday 12 September 2011

One Week In... And I am Still Alive!!!

HELLO! Omg... what a week!
I have been having a blast so far but we are kept nice and busy the first couple of weeks with LOTS of organizing and extra-curricular stuff. Doesn't help that my birthday was this weekend so we had those celebrations to organize too! Let me walk you through what has been happening so far...

Day One:
We got name tags and found out who was going to be in our practice groups. Lots of awkward, nervous, excited energy in the room! It definately took a couple hours for us all to settle in and start to get to know each other. Class introductions and free lunch! We all went out for beers that night to relax and form friend groups. We had our class picture taken too!

Class of 2015!!!

Week One:
So lots of Department Heads, and Deans spoke at us. We learned the DVM curriculum, necessary protective wear orders, had a class-wdie pizza and trivia lunch, had a Frat Welcoming BBQ, did group bonding excersises, worked through our Myers-Briggs types, voted on a mascot (WE CHOSE SCARLET STAGS!!!), had an open hockey game to learn how to play hockey, went out as a class to the local Country bar, toured the campus, blah blah blah. Orientation was fun but I was glad to start moving into lectures by Thursday. We started out easy; professor intros, exam weights, course objectives. All easy stuff. Actually, the only difficult part of these two days was figuring out who I was going to sit with. We all just met so a seating pattern was tough. What ended the week off perfectly was the Frat's Pub Crawl on Friday night, themed Anything But Clothes. What a great way to REALLY get to know your classmates! We had so much fun and everyone made such creative costumes!

So what else does September have in store?
TONS. I have so much going on already:
- Coed Hockey team
- Candidate for Class President
- Volunteer for Wild Ontario
- Frat Pledge and Rewards night
- Ruminant Field Services sign up
- Rabies Titre Clinic
- Professional Welcoming Ceremony
- My Cousin's Baby Shower
- A shit load of classes and labs
- CVSA Cornroast
- Teaching Animal Orientation
- Lab coat and Coverall Distrubution
- A new boy that I have no time to go on dates with :( haha

So you can see that I will be kept very occupied. Hopefully this will teach me to be well organized or else I will spiral into a crazy pit of death... I do have more pictures, but I can't find my camera cord so you all have to wait! Wish me good luck in tomorrow's class predident elections and in my OTS frat pledge night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment