Monday 28 November 2011

Just another midterm monday...

Yes. Yes. Monday midterms = The WORST. It totally kills the buzz for the weekend... Alas, 6 down and 5 more to go. Today was Health Management which I was very excited for. Here I was thinking, "Finally! A subject I am good at!" For heaven's sake, I have already taken HM in undergrad, read all the notes, practiced with the old midterms... it should have been a breeze. But what I wrote today was NOTHING even close to that. I am hoping that I used my most educated logic and guessing skills and will make it out okay. I am really not quite sure what made the test so hard. There was a LOT of vague behaviour and general HM stuff; no real focus of the species specific industries (which we spent 20 of the 30 lectures on!!). Either way, I was not the most upset; there were some girls who came out in angry tears because they felt so unfairly tested and went STRAIGHT to the program co-ordinator. :S Bell curve?!?

Challenge Cup (an OVC only Hockey tournament with Prof teams) is under way. As for the Stags, we are not doing so well thus far. Coed team lost 6-0 (to the Scalpelbladers!) and the Women lost 3-0. We did however get our jerseys... Makes us look super spiffy! And like an actual team.



One of our upcoming midterms is my Clin Med Small Animal Exam. This is a practical exam with just the student, the examiner, and a hound dog. We have to talk through and perform a general physical exam; head to tail. This shouldn't be too hard. I plan on just talking about what I should see, what I am looking for, and what I actually see (slash feel!). Will be tough without my thermometer since it broke in Oct, but I'll find someone's to borrow.

Christmas party at the Frat this weekend. First year girls are traditionally the decorators, but since there is a shortage of second year girls, I will be helping them cook. the first year boys "liberate" a christmas tree and the second year boys clean up. And we all drink. Haha! Speaking of parties, our Stag Bar Night was a great success. We had 163 people attend and made almost $600; half for our class, half for a children's charity. We also have Pet Pictures with Santa this weekend too! Can't wait to see all the pets come out and get all snuggley with Santa! Should be adorable! I plan on taking Soc in so we have a good holiday picture together! he will hate every minute of it, but I don't really care! Haha! He'll be safe, no worries!

If I have time this week I'll give you a synopsis of the CCM which we are learning in AVM. It is kind of straight forward but definitely takes some practice to perfect. I have to practice this break because we jump into our client simulated interviews in Jan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment