Friday 6 July 2012

Melting

Scorching hot in Southwestern Ontario. Just gross. 42 C today. I feel for the people and animals living/working outside.

I got to see Stallion Semen collection this week. Same as all the videos I have watched in reproduction class, but now I can officially say I have seen it happen live. It really is a quick procedure.... 10 sec flat.

I also helped out with some porcine x-rays (broken humerus repair with pins and K wire). So we can add that to the list! I applied a belly bandage onto a heifer that had come in for an umbilical hernia as well. She was so sweet! But ringworm positive so I had to dress up to see her... I look lovely in bright yellow!

So orientation week for the 2016s approaches and the committee is deep in preparation. I am helping revamp the handbook that will be emailed out to the newbies at the beginning of August. Our years was 50 pages, which is just ridiculous. So I am working to shave it down to 30. Another thing we are trying is to make a more fun/creative/useful map of OVC and Downtown. My peer is an excellent cartoonist and he is working with me on the project, so I am very excited about the end result!

Speaking of him actually, he is working on a cartoon blog to represent the students of OVC as we go through the program here. Once his link is up, I will post it!

I also realized that there were some pieces missing from my advice section that I should have posted when I started this thing. I will look back and try to fill in the holes, especially because I have been talking specifically with some people who are trying to get in to the OVC recently!! You guys should have as much info as possible.

Any questions or requests, please comment or email!

No comments:

Post a Comment